No snow on the ground. Frozen puddles. I drove by the Bush River yesterday and it is frozen along the edges.
I have a growing appreciation for the home teaching program in the Church. I know it isn't an easy assignment, to correlate schedules, find everyone home. We have missed visits since we've been here in this home. Until recently, we got a new assignmnet. Once a month, an assigned man from the Church comes and checks on us, in our home. Gives us a lesson. Sometimes brings treats his wife made. Makes sure we are doing okay spiritually and physically. THIS MONTH HE FIXED OUR VAN HEATER! Every time I get in the van and feel the warmth, I am thankful. We would have gone much longer waiting to go get it fixed. My warm toes are thankful!
I know sometimes we do things for free-service/donations/gifts--but it makes it really easy to offer to barter/trade/reciprocate in these situations. This hometeacher is super talented and handy. Mechanically and tear-down-walls kind of guy. In return one of his sons is going to get a fantastic bedroom redo, mural of his choosing. That, to me, is what creating a Zion community is all about. No poor among you because you are sharing your talents and means with one another, united in faith and service, pure in heart=loving and free from the vices and selfishness that ruins neighborhoods.
2 comments:
Your students are very talented with their snowflake making skills. How wonderful to have such a talented Home Teacher that you can trade with!
you make me want to be in seminary again. thank you for these last few posts. I feel inspired and loved and ready to share. And I love that lace sweater! Great idea!
Post a Comment