Monday, January 10, 2011

The Broken Prayers

I joked with John that we haven't been praying over our flocks & fields enough.

Frustrating week with broken video card on my computer. It is under warranty and a HP guy is coming out Friday to fix it. Hurrah for that.

Broken-leaking water heater, which is the heat for our whole house, not just hot showers. If we have to call our plumbing guy, we are hoping it is just a loose valve, or something cheap. It is as old as the house, and we need a couple more months out of it (then we can camp with cold water for awhile!).

Broken big crock pot lid. It shattered on our ceramic tile floor (which I STRONGLY DISLIKE! Everything breaks on it. No bounching.) My cool retro yellow pyrex bowl bit the dust last week.

Broken Honda windsheild. And timing belt. We've been stalling for those fixes.

My new dvd from Church has a couple of broken film-links. Some played for seminary, but some did not. Similar to a stupor of thought=a stupor of video. Was I not supposed to show it? Will it work when I try later?

Broken hearts & contrite spirits? Good goal to be teachable and listening to inspiration.

Max did get accepted to BYU-Idaho. He is underwhelmed about it. He promises if he goes to school somewhere locally he will go to Institute.

7 comments:

seven smiles said...

I (capital + underlined) was underwhelmed by J's admission there. But he loves it so much and things have worked out for him in ways that might not have had I been overwhelmed by the acceptance I wanted for him.

;)

Lisa Chin said...

I've thought about Alma 34 a number of times while planting my garden but haven't thought about it outside of that box. I really need to be better at applying scripture to my life.

I'm so sorry to hear about all the trials and tribulations you are continuing to experience but appreciate your honesty in sharing them all. It looks like you need a trip to the thrift store to find a new lid for the crock pot and a new pyrex bowl.

Best wishes in receiving answers to your prayers over your flocks and fields answered!

Deb said...

I relate to your broken things post. Thank you for continuing to be open. I also appreciate the reminder to pray for help. I need to do that.

Hannah wasn't going to apply to BYU-I but I got the strong impression I should encourage her. And she really likes it there. The Spirit is there. And they do have a good shuttle bus to the airport/SLC.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

We've had times like that, where almost every appliance was broken plus both of our cars. Not too long ago, in fact. I am more aware of the need to pray for things to keep working now.

Emmalyn said...

Oh no!!!

Stay warm!

Jane Babcock said...

Thinking about pain upon pain. Break after break. Morning comes.

Victoria said...

Everything does seem to break all at the same time... I'm sending my son #5 to BYU-I. Son #3 is already there and loves it so much that son #2 wishes he had gone there instead of Provo...