My sister chooses a word to focus on each year. Great way to motivate yourself. Easier than listing 10 goals.
Mine is "Prioritize."
What does that mean?
I have so many good projects/ideas/talents that I am never bored. But I do get overwhelmed with the piles of resources/junk/research.
This year I want to slim down. Physically, environmentally, emotionally. To let go, find release, lose some stuff.
One of many great inspiring bloggers kept a number list, getting rid of 2010 things in 2010. So one up it this year with 2011 things!
So far I am almost up to 200 things I've let go. (No, not pounds, yet. Working on that one.) Two love bags to the thrift store, a bundle of swim shirts and skirts to a niece, an Ikea corner desk (we dumpster dove for once upon a time) and put on the sidewalk (didn't work in our living room anymore). 1811 things left!
John=Patience
Jennilyn=Prioritize
Maxwell=Energy
Suzanna=HAPPPY
Samuel=Brave/Kind
Roxie=Organzied
FAMILY WORD=Obedient
4 comments:
Fabulous idea! Love the word focus and your word would be a great word for me. I especially love the getting rid of 2011 things. I may have to start my own blog for that one just to keep track. I'm looking forward to a book called "The 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My Soul." It's just been released and I'm on the hold list at the library.
And I finally figured out why your sister's blog wouldn't load - it's private.
Hi. I'm the sister. Thanks for the credit link, Jenni.
For any frustrated link-clickers, my public blog is http://debinut.blogspot.com/.
ooops about the private not-a-link. I've changed it, so better now. LISA and DEB need to meet in person and coordinate SLC stuff!
Post a Comment