Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mission Control

photo credit: (Deb Koehler, sister who picked up Elder L from airport and delivered him to MTC)

Yes, "Congratulations" are in order. Husband is full-time employed, after 19 months of stress & worry. His three part-time jobs. My babysitting/cleaning/subbing plus. Twenty pounds of my gaining and thirty of his losing. All those couple photos! All those cheap dates! All the help from friends & family, thank you!

Elder Landbeck leaves the MTC next week. I know we've been blessed through his service. I am just enough of a mystic to believe in direct corollaries. I believe in answers to prayers. The timing part was hard, but it wasn't up to me. I am not in charge of the grand plan, this test called life.

The Wednesday John got the call about employment I had left the house just after 5:00 am, drove out to the light house on the Chesapeake Bay, watched a great heron fly over my head, and prayed for help. I told God I couldn't do anymore alone, that I needed Him to keep going. I was able to get back home only 5 minutes late for seminary class, where John had sung with the students and prayed and he was winging it for me. The day went by in a blur of tears and emotional struggle. So I was pretty worn out by the afternoon when he called to tell me the good news.

Strong contrast with how miserable and down I was Wednesday and how elated and giddy John felt. I tried to rally for celebrating and was just worn out.

So, today I tell you, almost a week late, "I AM REALLY HAPPY ABOUT THIS!" It is good news. Friends from Church came bouncing up to me to give hugs and "CONGRATULATIONS!" and I had to think about what they were so happy for me about---yes, The Job! It is good news.

7 comments:

Michele B. said...

Great News! This 19 month process is like running a marathon, when you get to the end of the race you just want to sit down and rest and take a deep breath...and then you can celebrate. Celebrate..enjoy..congrats!

seven smiles said...

:)

xoxo

Lisa Chin said...

Hurray!!! I'm very excited for you both! What a wonderful blessing! Now take a deep sigh and enough your summer. ;)

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Wonderful news! Thanks for letting us know.

John said...

awesome! looking forward to more detail on the job

Jane Babcock said...

We are very grateful for this answer to our prayers too.

julie babcock said...

Congratulations! to you both.