I am glad they are eager to go. Or maybe they are competitive and want to be first? Or love the feeling of running???
When the niece & nephew start bumper-caring each other, I tell them they can hold my hand or stop. They always stop.
Today I asked Mr. Al, the crossing guard, to tell them why they should walk. "There is a time for playing and running, but yous got to be serious going to school, be safe. We don't want yous fallin' and hurtin'."
To the right of the stump is a real red-headed Wood Pecker, first spotted by seminary student a couple of days ago. It was back this morning. It is huge! Almost as tall as the truck wheel!
5 comments:
We have a woodpecker here that had been pecking at our house. I have never seen it, only heard it and have seen the damage. I wonder after seeing that big one how big ours is! Beautiful roses! You're a great mother.
Hope the woodpecker enjoys his stump while it lasts; that thing is coming out this summer!
Ooh! It's hard to tell for sure but your picture kind of looks like a Pileated Woodpecker. Those are HUGE! :D
Oh, we had one of those that would come peck at a tree stump in our yard in Indiana. It was fascinating to watch! You are so lucky to have gotten a picture.
Those walks down to the school were part of what kept me in shape - I should start walking the girls down to the bus again even though they are so old. haha They always ran ahead too.
I hope you can get a clearer photo of the woodpecker, it looks like it is beautiful.
Post a Comment