Background: Wet, mashed, composting leaves on the street in front of our home. 4 feet wide and 30 feet long. Not fun to jump across to go get the mail. I have little patience for the eyesore of recycling or yard waste. I may have nominated it once or twice for the honeydew list. I am sure it is pride that irrates me, makes me worry about being the house with the trashed, neglected yard. I hate to be thought of as lazy or not taking care of our home. This pile of leaves was supposed to be swept up by the city street cleaner machine, but I guess we got it out too late in the fall...? I put on my boots this free afternoon and started shoveling...
Miss Dee (angel) drove by and did a U-turn, pulled up to the curb where I was working. She got out, friendly, "I'll hold the bag, two hands make light work!" She was wearing white pants. "They'll wash fine!" I asked her if she worked in the middle school cafeteria, if she lived near by. "I just want to do the Christian thing, no way was I going to drive by with you out here working on your own...." Her husband passed three years ago, her two boys are in the military, one army, one navy, "That's Dante..." She let me give her a big hug after we got the last bag tied. I told her she was an answer to prayers. "God bless you, Miss Jenny!"
I feel humbled, cared for, listened to in my complainy terse prayers of "we need you." We are blessed, when we ask for His help.
3 comments:
Uplifting. Good example. Glad you have angels.
your frequent posts lately have meant a lot to me, thank you for sharing them
Some jobs never get easier, only worse and worse. Help helps.
Post a Comment