Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Padded Benches

Cleaning up Roxie's room meant tearing apart the cousin-sleep-over bed cushions. She had piled them up in living room, at my instructions, to clear out her floor. As I looked at them, then measured, they were the right size, with a little cutting, to fit toy chest and churh pew. Of course I already had fabric. So NO COST project. One I did with black and white striped strips-no cording, just the strips sewn in the seams; blue cushion I made a long tube (leaving an openinging to put foam inside) and did the triangle point trick at both ends (fold seam like a tent, sew across the width of cushion and cut triangle flap off). The hardest part is stuffing the cushion inside and hand stitching closed.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Those are great fabrics to have on hand! Excellent re-purposing!

geri said...

I noticed the one on the church bench and meant to tell you I thought it looked great!! We are going to attempt to "upholster" our coffee table into an ottoman this weekend, should be an adventure!

Lisa Chin said...

They look great! Good job!!

Emmalyn said...

That looks great! Perfect that you had cushions that fit!