My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Need a Little Soothing Pink?
Scout Fund-Raiser: auction off services. I volunteered painting a room. This was going to be a Santa surprise, but the new key didn't fit the lock while the family was gone Christmas Eve, so it was delayed. Here is the BEFORE... ...(I did try to paint over the vinyl lettering, reverse stencil-style, didn't work with texture of walls or age of vinyl.) During...Almost after; needs another coat of paint...Dark greeny-gray needed a white base to work on for this WONDERFUL pale pink, Benjamin Moore "Bridal Pink." Idea for this color from Making it Lovely blog. It looks nearly white going on, but the build up of coats shows a really subtle, sweet pink, without any sticky-gaggy Pepto Bismal feeling. It has been awhile since I painted a room, and it was very relaxing, therapueutic, even if I came home sore from bending over to cut in the bottom of the wall. I always cut first, then roll, but I have heard of some painters rolling first. I keep a plastic shopping bag over the tray while the first coat dries (2 hours on a non-raining day).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
subtle is nice
the ceiling is white? I can see a subtle difference between walls and ceiling, but it still doesn't look pink to my color-blind eyes
I like the subtle "touch" pink! Surprising myself. Pink doesn't have to be bright bubble gum.
Post a Comment