I've been researching public domain pictures, found these gems. After the big earthquake in San Francisco. Sobering stories. Would I know how to manage?

On Tuesday I met a young married mom whose husband is doing his internship at Hopkins. We were making lunch at young women's camp together. We started talking, found out we graduated from the same high school in SLC.

And they lived in SF right after they were married.
San Francisco! What great family stories we have about that town!

I told her about my great grandfather who was a carpenter and buried his tools to keep them safe after the earthquake, the mirror he was paid with for some work at a rich lady's home. My grandparents who were students at Berkeley and their romantic date foiled by a skunk spraying Grandma Lucy when she reached in the garbage bin to pull out some papers for their cozy fire. He was either planning to ask her to marry him that night, or felt so sorry for her that he asked her then anyway?!
When Maxwell was a newborn John was driving all three little kids around in our Trooper listening to the radio, so I could either do homework or take a nap... The station was sponsoring a contest, whoever could arrive with a Tweety Bird pez dispenser, fake vomit, Mr. Bubblebath, and something else I've forgotten, would win 2 free airline tickets to San Francisco! How he knew where to get fake vomit? He won! We found babysitters!
We had a wonderful time (I pumped the whole trip and remembering pouring the milk out a little sadly, but thankful for the away time, first trip alone since our honeymoon--which was a trip 3/4 across the country).
I firmly believe that one of the best thing you can do for your children is be strongly united and in love parents! Dating helps! Taking spontaneous trips together help! Communicating, phone calls, email, reading each other's blogs, night letters, naps, dates--even short ones--make a difference.
2 comments:
Aah yes, dates! Looking forward to Saturday.
SF was a great place to live. I'd do it again if we could. Those are neat pictures.
I love our date nights, but Sunday (and Saturday) afternoon naps are awesome too. I gotta get working on that love note book. That's a great idea.
Post a Comment