I have a famous quilting buddy, Gyleen,
http://www.colourfulstitches.com/
who, every so often challenges us. Quilt challenges, word challenges. Her latest: haikus starting with "If" first line and "Then" second line, third line the punch. Here is what I wrote this morning.
(I can only submit one to her contest. Which one do you like the best? My deadline is 27th July.)
If I just quilted
Then neglected family
Would learn how to cook!
If I swam all day
Then my fat would fade faster
Get a new swimsuit!
If sniffs were colors
Then your breath’d be purple
Strong sweet lollipop
If I were your age
Then had my experience
I would worry less
If you love me true
Then you will tell me quickly
Where is the chocolate?
If God could send help
Then you would be His first choice
Angels abound here
If whispers could crawl
Then shouts would run marathons
And singing would dance
If it All Matters
Then you have a purpose here
Faith Hope Charity
If you feel to ask
Then you’re answer-ready
Kneel, pray, and listen
4 comments:
I like all of them - the last one is very nice, but I think you should go with the chocolate one for the contest!
My favorite is If whispers...
Mom's favorite is also my favorite.
Very nice. I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment