Thursday, December 17, 2009

This Morning in the Kitchen




Seminary this morning included incredible yogurt parfaits, made by A, celebrating her b-day! We sang the seminary version of "Happy Body Day" to her!
Photographer, gorgeous M(from Colombia) who said, "One more" after she took this one. She is a natural photographer, fun to smile for, listening to her lovely accent.

I'm off to work in a few minutes. John is doing laundry today, watching elementary school kids and getting them off for the day, cleaning Roxie's room getting ready for Emma to come home, picking her up from airport, and continuing his job search. He is optimistic and hopeful and courageous.

And he makes me the best brown-bag lunches! But I didn't find the tomato and onion in a separate ziplock bag until I reached the bottom of my bag yesterday. A co-worker was just starting her sandwhich and was delighted at the addition to her lunch! My sweetie made someone smile yesterday (besides me) with that little gift.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I like the smiles.

As I continue to battle perfectionism and see evidence in other family members, the thought occurred to me today: Jennilyn is brave. She's willing to act, willing to do things, willing to be bold, willing to create, willing to continue even when it's hard. I admire you very much.

jenfrommaine said...

I agree with Deb. Most of struggle with perfectionism and we try not to let our failures get us down. I admire people who just keep going despite difficult circumstances and do it with a cheerful attitude although I'm sure there are some not so cheerful moments. Enduring to the end, way to go Jennilyn! Thanks for being a good example and for teaching my boy seminary too!

Lisa Chin said...

What a beautiful seminary you have! I love the way you and John work so well together - neither one too proud to take on the others job when it's necessary. What a great learning experience for all of us. Thank you for sharing!

Jane Babcock said...

You are showing us all how to work together. Thank you for your good example. Love, Dad