I know, Memorial Day is for remembering soldiers, remembering the sacrifices, celebrating freedom.
I am thankful to live here in The United States of America.
I am thankful for the soldiers who fight for our freedom.
I want to recognize and honor them, remember those who gave their lives--lived their life for our country and those living every day to keep protecting us. Having a soldier in the family would be an honorable, good thing.
Applying Memorial Day to my life: I don't want to look back with regrets. I want to remember the wonderful, good parts of being happily married, busy with kids, struggling and learning and growing together. I don't want to take the technology (freedom) for granted. Use that camera. Work it! Save photos, explore the world visually, and capture the ordinary, every day, even the posed moments so you can REMEMBER! Make memories by remembering them immediately-on the spot!
This was a fun photo shoot with Suzanna--she had some great ideas and we were compliant and willing. I can see her as a talented photographer in the future, doing weddings...documenting her life, journalling with pictures!
2 comments:
what a great picture!
Yes, great picture! Was she in a tree? On the roof? Makes me think of other picture possibilities. Taking a picture from outside at dusk, from inside Ritas... looking at the couple on a date from over the counter.
Post a Comment