I love to paint. I don't love pressure-deadline painting so much. But I would still rather paint than_______ (fill in the blank).
This was my weekend project: a repaint--years ago when they first moved in I painted this dinning room a beautiful periwinkly blue, a custom mix from basement gallons of Oops. The house has been on the market too long, so owner asked me to neutralize it--another custom color that looks fabulous with the BM "Jersey Cream" in the front hallway.


Study went from deep burgundy to same neutral. I wish I had left it the incredible sagey-neutral of Oops primer/sealer I used--it looked better green with the grey carpet, but I have a feeling it may go next. While I was there three potential groups of buyers came to see the house. It was fun overhearing comments, "What a great party house!" and "How many kids do you think they had?" and "Beautiful, I love it!" They would come and thank me, and I would have to explain I am just the hired help, but that I would pass on the compliments to the owner! Does anyone need a 4 bedroom home in BelAir? HUGE finished basement. Freshly painted dinning room and study!

My quilt from "So You Think You Can Quilt." Survived another round.
6 comments:
Good job on the painting!
I never would have guessed that was your quilt! I would have guessed Lisa M. had done that one. Really cute!!!
I love, love, love the ruffles on your quilt. What a fresh idea!
is that the neutral color you were talking about that you have a bunch of Jennilyn? It is pretty.
How fun to hear the comments as people walk through. I think that would be interesting.
LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt. Love the ruffles and all of the fabrics, love the color combination, love everything. Recognize the fabrics.
Congrats on the quilt!
I am stumped on whose house that is though...
Next time you feel like painting, you are welcome to come help me paint our house!
Post a Comment