Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mom Day

Three of my last year's seminary students: Montana (Panama is Sis. Bullock's student) and Beunos Aires North... and the other Argentina mission sitting to the far left of fire pit! They brought their mission binders! Shared their thoughts with each other. Ate and jumped on the trampoline & left by 9 pm so they wouldn't be too tired for Church. Cool guys, all four.
Satisfying to see these four gentlemen excited about their calls. What more could a mother want?
Homemade jewelry! My children stamped their names on washers for me last year. Yesterday I took a permanent black marker to darken their names and sealed them.

And for Emmalyn's super sonic sensitive ears: yes, I was sanding during our hour + phone call last night. Basket tags for Ms. Joan. I really like the Adam & Eve one. Layers of collages of scrapbook paper, tissue paper, sheet music, stickers, all held together with modge podge. I sand the edges to take care of any overhanging paper, and then give them a final coat of sealer.

And yes, I got breakfast in bed. I do almost every day. John brings me food while I study on seminary mornings on our bed. Saturdays he makes me eggs and comes and eat with me. It is almost a daily thing! He is sweet to me. And he let Roxie carry the plate in with peanut butter toast this morning.

6 comments:

Emmalyn said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love you mom!

Those basket tags are awesome! Cool that all the leaving missionaries can bond as well.

What do you seal the washers with? Is there a way to clean them if they get dirty?

Lisa Chin said...

You are so spoiled Jennilyn. Enjoy! I love the basket tags. What a great idea!

Jane Babcock said...

I remember the baskets. They deserve good tags.

I love the necklace. It could get heavy though.

Thanks for blogging.

BobandLu said...

Very cool tags! I love the image combinations you do - still love the baptism book you made for Seb.

seven smiles said...

so awesome that you hosted those boys! what fun. :)

Likely said...

love those boys! such a cool thing to get them together.

love those tags!