My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Friday, January 11, 2013
Laser Game at 6 am in Bible Study Class
3 year old mural on basement classroom wall:
Welcome to seminary. DAILY seminary. EARLY MORNING seminary. Class starts at 6 am. Every school day. We start with a song. Suzanna plays the piano.
This was the early/on-time crowd. The hot chocolate for early birds is no longer a crowd draw. 3 more students came after we got started today.
This is a memory map of our Church building, not really drawn to scale, but you can see the two long hallways that meet in the chapel foyer? It was a building we have all been to, seen most of the rooms (not many knew about the mother's lounge for nursing moms). Every "room" has a scripture mastery, one of 25, from the New Testament.
I have made laminated flash pages, with the reference on one side with helpful hint pictures, and then the full scripture written out on the reverse.
This morning I put the map up on the wall and played a game with these laser finger pointers:If an activity helps one student learn/remember one scripture one time, I have done my job.
Suzanna's feedback, "Seminary was fun this morning!" as she left for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I need to keep my English class fun. Good reminder.
Maybe add something new to draw students early? I love your ideas.
Where did you find the cool lights??
We have had some fun playing with these tonight! Love you! You are an inspiring early morning teacher! I am astonished at how creative you are with new fun activities. Today in Earth Systems students had to "drill" a water sample (tell me what coordinates they wanted - like battleship) to find the source of contaminated polluted water. Like battleship. Memory scripture masteries? Funny sometimes to hear LDS students coming to or from their release time seminary classes as well.
Post a Comment