Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quilt portfolio continued...


The squares are grommeted together so I can keep adding to this, each block telling a story from The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ (when I made it I was thinking of how to divide quilts among children, who gets what. There is a block for each of them now, but I have more images, thoughts to add and the fabric ready and waiting!).

I gave the round robin group I was in the theme of "Love at Home" and they each made me a strip. Included the 8 houses from my siblings, each creating their dream home icon. Great Grandma Billie has said this is her favorite quilt of mine.  
Posted by Picasa

I run across old quilts in archives...Made this 4 years ago. Gloves spell out sign language message...

4 comments:

Deb said...

Nearly everyone who comes into our home comments on the sign language quilt. They read the quotes and find it fun and interesting. Thank you for letting me display it. I love telling people about it and that you made it.

Likely said...

okay that sign language quilt is the coolest. leave it to you jennilyn.

so great.

all of them are.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I had never seen the sign language one. But I love the love at home one too!

Jennilyn said...

AhhhhhhHA! This is exactly why I am archiving old stuff as well as new--to gather it all together. Em said the same thing, there are murals here SHE never saw. So it is my gathering place, my history as well as current. Thanks!