My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
How lame is it to start off the comments on your own blog?!
The ceiling is not THAT pink. Just having fun with color saturation. It is inense, though. Thinking monochromatic color scheme now. I think my indecision is a result of my emotional state: too many choices. A little stressed. Can't decide on just one look. Or wanting two or three different things at once. I want a knock-out "WOW" living room, but I want a soothing, calming place for us to read family scriptures in, conservative Christians that we are... But then I want an artsy-fun hang-out spot. And anticipating Thanksgiving dinner here with husband's family, they will all have their opinion of my latest experiment, and I start second-guessing myself, trying to please others instead of going with what I really want and makes me happy. I don't think I can be a true artist until I let go of that people-pleasing weakness...and be more daring, more me, less inhibited. Or at least just focused on one coherent style, one emotion, one statement, instead of aesthetic gibberish...
You just need more clients! Then you can paint all the possibilities and leave them scattered all over the world. You can create your own peaceful home, one that you are happy in, and happy with the beauty that surrounds you. Or paint paintings on canvas of your living room ceiling, with all the options, and hang them on your walls.
I like the super bright colors, just probably wouldn't want them in my bedroom.
I relate to the trouble with deciding on one look and liking lots of different things. What about just choosing one look per room? with creative transitions in between of course.
ohhh....I love the pink! And I love that picture! Seriously, that picture in itself is a work of art. I would print it out just as it is, frame it, and put it up for everyone to see! I think gibberish is always more interesting, you have to try to piece it together and figure it out on your own. That is what true good art is. It makes you look and look and want to look some more. Don't be afraid to be you! That's what I miss about photography class, I could freely be myself and express myself in my work. It's rare that you get a chance to fully do that. Do what is YOU! I love you.
6 comments:
How lame is it to start off the comments on your own blog?!
The ceiling is not THAT pink. Just having fun with color saturation. It is inense, though. Thinking monochromatic color scheme now. I think my indecision is a result of my emotional state: too many choices. A little stressed. Can't decide on just one look. Or wanting two or three different things at once. I want a knock-out "WOW" living room, but I want a soothing, calming place for us to read family scriptures in, conservative Christians that we are... But then I want an artsy-fun hang-out spot. And anticipating Thanksgiving dinner here with husband's family, they will all have their opinion of my latest experiment, and I start second-guessing myself, trying to please others instead of going with what I really want and makes me happy. I don't think I can be a true artist until I let go of that people-pleasing weakness...and be more daring, more me, less inhibited. Or at least just focused on one coherent style, one emotion, one statement, instead of aesthetic gibberish...
You just need more clients! Then you can paint all the possibilities and leave them scattered all over the world. You can create your own peaceful home, one that you are happy in, and happy with the beauty that surrounds you. Or paint paintings on canvas of your living room ceiling, with all the options, and hang them on your walls.
Good advice from Jen.
I like the super bright colors, just probably wouldn't want them in my bedroom.
I relate to the trouble with deciding on one look and liking lots of different things. What about just choosing one look per room? with creative transitions in between of course.
Wow!
I agree with Jen! Good wisdom.
Make you happy! Even if that does mean trying several different things until you find that happy fit.
ohhh....I love the pink! And I love that picture! Seriously, that picture in itself is a work of art. I would print it out just as it is, frame it, and put it up for everyone to see! I think gibberish is always more interesting, you have to try to piece it together and figure it out on your own. That is what true good art is. It makes you look and look and want to look some more. Don't be afraid to be you! That's what I miss about photography class, I could freely be myself and express myself in my work. It's rare that you get a chance to fully do that. Do what is YOU! I love you.
How fun! I want to see it in person. It's always great to visit your house and see what's new.
Post a Comment