2nd post for today. Just thinking about Emmalyn. I read through her entire blog archives, freely copied out her pictures onto my hard drive, so I can play with them in Picassa. Loving the de-saturation button and soft focus effect.
Do I tell her enough that she is beautiful?! Do daughters believe that when their moms tell them?
My mom told me today that I am. That word. And I had to go back to my blog and look again to see me, try to see what she sees.
4 comments:
I agree with your mom. and I have been thinking that as I have seen all of these fun pictures of you and John. I hope you don't mind if I copy this idea. I have so few pictures of David and I that I think this would be a really great idea.
I love the title of this post. It really captures your feelings.
You ARE beautiful.
I too have a daughter at BYU. I miss her. There is a void in the family when one goes away, and I can't seem to fill it. I still call her name when calling everyone to dinner, but she never comes...
I am lucky to have my daughter going to school close by and I see her at least weekly. We talk daily, by internet if not on the phone. I teased her at the beginning of the school year that she could not go a week without talking to me and she took me up on the dare. It was an AWFUL week! Especially since it was her first week of school. :(
I don't think daughters EVER believe the good things we tell them. Everytime I tell my daughters they are beautiful or talented they say, "Aw Mom you have to say that." However I don't think they ever want us to STOP saying it. There is comfort in knowing that at least one person finds us beautiful. :D
And btw, Jennilyn, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Inside and OUT.
I think you both are beautiful people, in appearance, in manner, and in expression.
And your zeal shows your feet are beautiful too.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment