Today for high school spirit week is Retro Day. Suzu is wearing her YW camp t-shirt.
Boys are going too cool in leather jackets.
I am having fun, not at Emma's expense. She is just such a great photo subject! And these have all been photos she has taken of herself, with my tweaking. John called it "boogering" and I said that had too many negative connotations for me. Altering, art-i-fying, smothering, jenni-fying...what am I doing? Playing. Creating. Thinking about her so far away at school, thankful for her experiences, praying. Loving from afar.
Job hunt continues. Several people have suggested substitute teacher work. Yes, I'm on that. Our county was full for October orientation/fingerprinting, with 3 times the applicants they had spaces for. So I've applied in the two neighboring counties. My orientation date is first week of November. So I'm waiting. John feels good about some of the applications he has put in this week.
Working (haha) hard to cast my burdens on the Lord, find and feel that help over these troubled waters.
PS 1:39 am. I read Old Testament when I have insomnia.
Look what I found in Isaiah 43:
Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
5 Fear not: for I am with thee:
Peace.
5 comments:
Hang on, the bridge is up ahead. :)
Bless you!
Boogerings a terrible way to describe that!
Way fun!
I love how you label all of us!
Thought the retro spirit was fantastic : )
Thank you for that Isiah quote. Scriptures can help us get through the mists of darkness.
Love ya! Dad
Post a Comment