I didn't see the final product--but this is how Max went to school yesterday and came home still wearing this for "Wacky Wednesday."
My "Wacky Wednesday" was 1/2 off of As-Is stuff at IKEA, a fun stop on the way back from Baltimore. I paid $4 for a huge piece of leather to recover dinning room chairs.
My interview? I was older and had less piercings and tats than all the other applicants. Group interviewing was a new concept for me, too. We were asked about our retail experience (John said I should have emphasized my 20+ years of experience on the other side, buying!) and what we would do to prevent shop-lifting. I came home with an online test to take, and then got a call back for a 2nd interview for Friday. We shall see.
This is our going down-the-stairs hallway. Painted crib side bars (the older kids helped me paint it for baby Sam and when all the babies out-grew it I couldn't quite throw it away, so it became wall art). Hearts from IKEA, a couple of Christmases ago, used as tree ornaments. I used permanent marker and wrote our family history names, couples on front and their family name and kids on back. Wishing I had photos for all of them.
4 comments:
What a clever idea for your wall art. You are so creative.
I'm sure you will be hired on at the retail store and will quickly advance as a manager because you know how a customer should be treated and would be loyal to the company. They would be crazy not to hire you.
Max looks lost, poor guy. Silly too.
Glad to hear the interview went well with a 2nd one in line. Sounds good.
Hey, I think I have a shirt like that. Love your couple photo. Max looks tattered. Be picky about whether you want them job wise.
I love how you two match...and you match the hearts behind you! So cute!
Post a Comment