We took this picture 5 minutes before I got the call with a job offer and training starting 9 am this Sunday morning. Which would be during stake conference. I asked if I could call her back in 10 minutes. John and I talked about my concerns of how far away it is, the pricey parking problem, and how I put down on my application that Sunday morning I could not work. Conflict. I've been feeling stupified all morning (since the 2nd interview, which went great, but I felt terrible). Sad. Depressed. Tried to paint to cheer me up. Not feeling united with John, anxious. Tears. Trying to pray for clarity and help. I called the company back (still on my knees), thanked them for the offer, and turned them down, and felt instantly better. More tears, but it is okay. Horrible leap of faith here.
We got a sweet anonymous card in the mail with a movie pass and generous date money. No signature. No return address. The card says,
On the highway of life, there are bound to be some bumps in the road...
along with crater-sized potholes, backed-up construction traffic, and that one jerk who always cuts you off. (But anyway, you'll get through it.)
Thank you, our friends!
It's going to be okay.
3 comments:
I'm glad you had the courage to evaluate the fit before jumping. Grateful too that you have good friends. Love you and pray for you all.
You are such a wonderful example for me. Thank you for sharing your life and faith.
I'm pleased that you had the courage to say no; also that you felt lighter afterward. Love, Dad
Post a Comment