Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Painting Soothes Me


We are trying really hard to not spend any money on dates. Lunch together with stuff we already have at home is our usual plan. Some weeks feel like one big long date with just a few interruptions. If the kids come home and find us sitting on the couch they ask what we have been doing all day...ummm, good thing we are married!

John was a good sport about moving the living room furniture out again so I could re-do the ceiling. The bright blue sky and clouds were competing with the enlarged damask in the dinning room. I have trouble with too many focal points. It is my decorating weakness. And limiting my palette is tough, too. I love so many colors! And I can't decide what style I really like--although I lean towards modern stuff. It just doesn't show yet in my thrift-store purchases and curb-inherited furniture. Just my dream notebooks.


Downstairs in the seminary room. I muted out some of the color in this version.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

I love the before, after, and now photos.

Kathy said...

those are amazing ceilings!!! You are so talented!