I look more relaxed, sublime. John looks irritated at our photographer.
If we had taken 8 more, maybe we would have gotten one with us both open-eyed, smiling. Or I need to learn how to combine two photos, photo-shop our best faces together?
John is painting again today for contractor neighbor. I am scrambling to get ready for a craft show tomorrow at Bel Air High School 9-3! And company coming to dinner (clean house becomes a priority).
THE REASON ONE SHOULD PRE-TEST PAINT COLORS:
If I could do anything I wanted today--I would paint our living room ceiling.
Again,
I know. Less than a week since I painted it.
Now, it needs to be pink. Hot pink. Actually, 3 values of pink. I want to try a faux-vaulted ceiling, the four corners coming to a point in the center, far triangle lightest/brightest pink, 2 midtones on sides, and darkest closest to window=shadow side. Just to see what it looks like. I can't stop thinking about it. I painted the living room "New Hope Grey" Benjamin Moore, and it is the wrong grey for the "Utah Sky" blue ceiling. Something has to change. And pinks, I have in the basement paint collection. Easy access...
The company coming tonight is a high school buddy of John's, who stopped by last week when I was in the middle of painting the ceiling blue and the walls grey (he couldn't come in the front door because it was blocked with a couch). I could tell something was wrong color-wise then, but it has taken me a week and a conversation with Tiffany yesterday to see what I need to change. Soon.
Or, I could keep the ceiling, but only if I re-paint the walls. Given the choice, I think the ceiling is easier to redo. It is less textured than the walls, and I really like the new wall color...
Maybe I can just pretend that all I do is paint, and it will be normal, sitting in the kitchen elbow to elbow around the island because the couch is in the dinning room and tarps all over the empty living room... This is what it is really like living with a painter/artist.
I will blog-show you a living room picture when I have an after-fixed-the-problem photo to show.
1 comment:
I actually think the second photo is very good of you both.
Hope you were able to have a nice dinner party despite being mentally distracted by painting. :D
Post a Comment