Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Twice a Year?


I am trying to think what other things are semi-annual? NOT dating! General Conference. Stake Conference. Deep house-cleaning (end of summer when kids go back to school and after Christmas).

What do you do only twice a year?

I don't have photos yet of yesterday's painted nursery--I have to go back tomorrow and finish up the cars and names. Coming soon! But I came home and told John the stripes looked awesome. Straight stripes, from careful measuring and taping like crazy. And touch-up, but the client doesn't need to know that part. What they can't see, they don't need to know about.

Today is more census testing. Smile, be accurate and quick, efficient and friendly.

Kids are all home with John because of teacher inservice. It is hard to not resent my working when they can stay home and play and have Lord of the Rings marathon.

I should feel more thankful. I am thankful.

5 comments:

Emmalyn said...

I'm slightly jealous as well... I have to work all day and no play too!

landbeck said...

Who are these people who stay home all day and play Lord of the Rings? I'm jealous of them also!

We sorted sheets, raked leaves, cleaned Grandpa's porch, scrubbed floors and did laundry all morning!

Lisa Chin said...

Not sure what I do only twice a year - what is the word for once every two years? That might be more accurate for my deep cleaning agenda of late. I probably do it more than that but it just seems like it's been a very long time. Yesterday all the kids were home and we (all but the oldest who doesn't like to do anything with us but live here) went bowling, shopping and had Panda Express. It was a very luxurious day. I just have to keep reminding myself that these ARE the good ol' days!

Likely said...

get a zit.

ha ha!

eat real turkey.
oil changed
slow dance with my husband in public
see my family

Likely said...

see my husband??????? HA HA!