Roxie has lost her baby cheeks and will be taller than me someday soon. My babies are growing up quickly. Blink, and they will all be gone to college (if we survive 6th grade with Sam searching for something good to report about every day at school and dealing with bullies).Another picture from Suzu's 2008 camera. She has gone to Hilton Head with a friend and her grandma for a couple of summers in a row. I love that we are finally seeing photos of the good times they had. I tweaked some of her photos, cropped like crazy, bleached out the colors the way the sun does on the hot summer sandy beach (thinking nice warm thoughts). They look more like college friends than teenagers.
Stewart is a powerhouse wrestler. Last night he warned John (the cook) as he sat down that he would only have one piece of the delicious-smelling chicken so he can make weight this morning for an away match. (It was really good chicken! John brine-ed it--soak meat covered in water + 1/4 cup salt overnight to force the cells to expand and make the meat moister and then cooked it in a yummy marinade. He generously says I am a good teacher.)
Week Day Date idea: go watch a wrestling match together. Fun cheering for Stewart. (He is the wrestler on the left above.) Photo credits: John. Crop & Color by Mom-Me! John reminds me that three !!! is not professional!
3 comments:
It is very fun to see lost pictures.
It is amazing how much Roxie looks the same and so different! She is adorable!
Ahhhh! I thought for sure you'd be too busy to enter the "So you Think You Can quilt" but I guess I'm committed now! I'll have to find some pictures and submit them quick.
Love the crop and color of the wrestling picture. You have such a gift for color.
Post a Comment