Sunday, December 11, 2011

12 Ways of Christmas: Influence Day 11

"Influence
Symbol: Mary
Scripture/Quote: “I hope that my dear sisters throughout the world—grandmothers, mothers, aunts and friends—never underestimate the power of their influence for good” Dieter F. Uchtdorf
“Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days . . . will happen . . . to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different—in happy ways—from the women of the world.” President Spencer W. Kimball, 1979
Ideas: Women have the great blessing of being nurturers whether to their own children or the children of others. Women can be role models for good, and can have a powerful influence on those they interact with."
Two UFO blocks (UnFinished Object, in quilting terms)I made years and years ago, one very abstract, one with printed Nativity fabric center.

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

I am amazed that you have so many beautiful UFOs.