"Realize Symbol: Candle
Scripture: And now behold, I speak unto their seed, and also to the Gentiles who have care for the house of Israel, that realize and know from whence their blessings come. (Mormon 5:10)
Ideas: Let your light so shine. We are blessed beyond measure to have the restored gospel in our lives. How can we seek to bless the lives of others? How do you/can you “pay it forward?”
Sharing a birth DAY with a family member can be tricky. My mother-by-marriage loves German chocolate cake, so I try and make her one every year. I doubled the recipe (yes, I use recipes, inspite of my concept cooking practices), Palmer cousin style, and used the extra frosting inside graham crackers surrounding the cake. Suzu's cake is white vanilla cupcakes with peppermint blue cream cheese icing and rainbow sprinkles. They sang to each other: "Happy Birthday to US!"
I don't have a candle quilt block--but here is an exchange attic window block. Candles in the window are one of my favorite Christmas decoration. That is stretching the imagery a little, I know. There are a couple of candles printed on red fabric almost cut off on far right side. If I can find/make a candle button, I could sew that on any part of a 12 Ways of Christmas quilt/tree skirt...thinking/brainstorming.
3 comments:
Good reminder that I do have candles I can add to our meager Christmas decorations.
Good reminder to realize from whence our blessings come.
I hope you had a lot of people around for all that cake! It looked delicious and I love the extra frosting into the graham crackers. That sounds divine. I love Germans Chocolate Cake frosting. mmmmmm
Post a Comment