"'Warmed over' refers to the preparation of leftover food to serve again. Leftovers are less desirable than food just now cooked, and the warming process can damage them further. They get overcooked, dry, limp where you want crispy, stiff where you want soft, charred around the edges. Sauces separate. Flavor vanishes. So "warmed over" is an intensifier: Not only did he look awful, he didn't even look fresh. It's 'death warmed up' in the UK' From _The Dictionary of Cliches_ by James Rogers.
It's been a hard week.Recovering from last week's professional painting (this mural is in a PA restaurant entry & I wished I had painted it!), trying to do too much, losing my voice, my patience, my sleep-from coughing & feeling like I am drowning-not-able-to-breathe-death. What starts as allergies and cold-induced asthma moves to post-nasal drip/sore throat, advances to sinus infection and officially broncitis. Gross. Ready for a vacation with this sister! (36 days from today!)I am thankful for modern medicine (prednisone works, when you need it, but wild, vivid dreams!?), good doctors, super student Suzanna teaching seminary this morning solo, cheerful hugging hard-working husband.
Maxwell comes home from BYU tonight. I was hoping to have more done before he arrived. I guess to impress him? Is that just pride talking? He is family, not company, but we've missed him. I wonder what changes he will notice? I want him to feel at home, welcomed, celebrated, included.
He wants to learn how to make rolls, bread, while he is home. Good goal. I will turn him into a baker within 2 weeks! You other pre-missionary mommas, start earlier! We are cramming life-skills into the time we have left before he turns 19 and follows his brother!
BYU photo ID picture found by John.

2 comments:
Crepes and french toast are easier and muffins. Faster than yeast dough, but pizza dough is important to know how to make.
Very excited to have you come.
Good to have count downs! Love the couple pictures, and your silly face! Max has a good bread teacher and yes, I agree about the pizza dough!
Post a Comment