Saturday, December 24, 2011

Since You've Been Gone

Small changes:
Uncle David painting hallway. Orange hamper in bathroom.
Max learning how to cut hair. He also cut Sam's!
Zombie Fish was free, from an auction I was at with the Love Family. It was in a lot of linens & old trunk, and they didn't want it. I love this guy, makes me think of the awe we should feel when looking at this beautiful earth and the great creations (see this Nesting Place post on the subject! She inspired me!) I want to paint him. I researched, $800 for a mounted sailfish like this, but in blues, turquoises...it has potential! But we are used to the big clock being over the fireplace, so we ask each other what time it is, "Fish O'Clock."
Roxie & Suzanna think he is very creepy looking, mostly because of the eyes, and a certain Dr. Who episode. I love him. $8.00 at thrift store. Needs some restoration paint work. Sitting on the air conditioner near our kitchen door entrance.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Can you imagine how spectacular it would be to see one swimming under water?

Moving to a new apartment has made me remember how much I love finding things for places that need them. Right now I'm looking for a Caribbean clock to hang for now and bring home with us.

Emmalyn said...

That is an intense fish!

I like the orange hamper!