Saturday, December 10, 2011

12 Ways of Christmas: Serve Day 10

"Serve
Symbol: Joseph
Scripture: If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. (John 12:26)
Ideas: When I think of service at Christmastime, I cannot help but think of Joseph. (Especially the sweet Primary song about Joseph closing his shop and travelling with Mary, pg 38 of the Children’s Songbook.) Have you ever been in the position of giving service where you felt like you were somehow gaining more blessings than even the person you were serving? How can we find meaningful ways to serve? (Big ways: ie, service projects, help in the community, etc. Small ways: being a friend, listening, remembering; most of the time, the most important thing you can do as a visiting teacher is to just listen and be a friend, etc.)"
My parents, great examples of service!
And our eldest son!

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

I saw the MTC picture first as of somebody else. It surprised me to realize, yes, we are serving. Sigh.
It's bedtime.