Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Everything is Going to Be Okay, Someday


It is mostly okay now. Lots to be thankful for each day I wake up and can get out of bed. I love that school is back in session and I have 21 teenagers to teach every morning! They are inspiring, exciting, sometimes sleepy. Most of the time sleepy. This morning one of the students showed me a painting he did for art class--looked very iron rod thematically, nice work.

Little miracle was being home when Emma called, twice (I came home for lunch to play with our favorite baby Peach Pit who learned how to wave AND clap since last week!) so we could talk about the class shopping she is doing, trying to find a good fit for her schedule and future work plans. She is going to London in the spring and thinking about changing her major.

I spent some time teaching a good friend how to crochet the edges of flannel receiving blankets. They look like this-(I get $30 a blanket, but I am thinking about Etsy selling them for a little more...)

Then I did some recruiting in the 33 degree windy weather--with good conversations. It is a lot like missionary tracting--stopping people and asking if they know anyone who is looking for work, and using all my local contacts, asking them to post flyers and brochures at their businesses. Lots of smiling. My favorite un-coincidence was running into a couple from Church and giving them info and the wife saying, "This is an answer to my prayer." Another man earlier in the day said the same thing. I believe when we do what we should be doing, God uses us to help people. It felt like that kind of day.

I have a blister on my right heel from walking so much today.

And I came home and John was cooking wonderful white sauce for ravioli and he was clean-shaven, just for my kisses.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Selling the blankets on etsy is a great idea. And your job sounds hard and cool and interesting.

Lisa Chin said...

You are so busy these days! I'm amazed you have time to put it all down on your blog. You must just crash at night. How wonderful that you can help people to find work!

landbeck said...

Mostly OK is good, but I'm aiming for somewhere north of excellent tomorrow.
:)

Jane Babcock said...

The blanket is beautiful. I would have thought the census would be already overflowing with workers. Busy is good though. We pray for you all.

BobandLu said...

Oooh I love the blanket. Since I've known you, you've always been a gifted and hard worker. A good tool to answer prayers too.

Likely said...

this post nearly made me cry. I love you Jennilyn. I am praying harder this week. Can I help with recruiting???? When can you come for lunch this week?