Saturday, January 2, 2010

If You Chance to Meet a Frown

Hanging out with John it is hard to stay grumpy long. He hops around, taking photos, cracking jokes, trying to get me to smile.

Maybe a stand-up comedian position will open downtown.

I was sad yesterday thinking about the hardness of starting the new year without a job for him. Mopey. Not for long.

Loud "action-packed, fast-paced adventure" movie from the library ("Mummy 3." Jet Li is not a convincing bad guy in my mind. He has a sensitive, nice-guy face, and I kept thinking of him in "Golden Monkey" and thought it was poor casting to put him in this evil nemesis role. Many rip-off stunts from Indiana Jones. But the play on the real terra-cotta army was cool. Is there a blog for film critiquing quilters?) and sewing on a long held Un-Finished Project helped me relax, unwind, de-stress. If people ever say, "You must be so patient!" when they learn I am a quilter I want to tell them that sewing makes you patient. You have to put in the time to get the results, and I have neglected my sewing room in the past months.

I'll have that show-and-tell ready later today.

5 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

So glad you have a comedian to keep you smiling. Just the act of smiling can warm your heart! Can't wait to see your show and tell.

Emmalyn said...

It's a beautiful quilt!

Julie said...

Looking forward to the quilt pic too. :)

Jane Babcock said...

Sewing, crocheting even de-stresses a non crafty person like me. This week I finished my blue rug for the deck door.

landbeck said...

I would totally read a movie-review blog by you where you scored each movie by how many sewing projects you finished (because it was easy to ignore the movie).