I am trying to cast my burdens on the Lord today. Seeking comfort and peace. Waiting for some windows of heaven to open.
We've been blessed. We are surviving. Extended family and friends have really, really helped. We haven't had to ask Church for help.
I am grateful.
And impatient.
And tired of my many jobs. I would love to just be painting for fun. (Wouldn't we all? I think that, but I have met people who HATE to paint! They need my services! I am itching to try a new color in the living room and I really want a new color in our bedroom, again. I have gallons of supplies downstairs in my color mixing lab, so painting is no-cost entertainment for me. There is just stuff in the way and crazy living going on and I don't paint on Sundays, to honor the Maker of the day, so it will have to wait for my next at-home weekday block of time!)
John told me this morning that a friend at Church showed him a new resume format: bulletin points instead of paragraph form, so he is going to redo his this week, start again. Three plus months of job-less-ness and counting. Praying. Actively doing all he can. He is getting really good at the house-husband part, but I am not making even half of what he was for the Department of Transportation, so it is not a good thing for our family.
We had been praying for financial stability and help in figuring out the best way to use our resources BEFORE he lost his job with the state. In many ways it doesn't make sense. Someday, I hope to look back and see this as an incredible learning and faith-strengthening experience.
I know God lives. I know He knows me, and loves me as His daughter. I know He hears our prayers. And I have had specific, real, memorable experiences in the past when He has answered my prayers and blessed me. I have seen miracles. I have been convinced fortuitous events were not coincidences. I just have to remember those today. Stay faithful. Stay true to my commitments and covenants and promises and just endure to the end. I have to hang in here/there/everywhere.
And have hope.
Be steadfast.
Immovable.
Good.
Kind.
Serve others and stop thinking of my own problems for a minute.
We had a delayed opening due to snow Friday and missed seminary. One of the things I was going to talk about is enduring to the end. Must remember to do that Monday morning.
Max almost doesn't fit on the sofa anymore when he is stretched out. He goes on tour next week with Maryland State Boychoir and will miss some school days.
Today we will go to Church together, eat together, do family sing-scripture together, hopefully SKYPE tonight with extended family (I still don't get the how-to-coordinate/connect/make appointment part of it--and I go to bed so early for seminary that I fear the party just gets started when I have to leave!).
7 comments:
Beautiful thoughts.
We will try to skype tonight too. We seem to have less time with 1-4 church then dinner. We could have morning skypes. I just have to have the computer on and skype up if you call.
Yes, seminary comes so very early! I have to be in bed by 9pm in order to get the sleep I need.
I am still trying to figure out the whole skype thing-I am a bit behind the times.
Hang in there Jennilyn....I know how hard it is to work multiple jobs.....
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog!
Sounds like your family is experiencing some serious trials right now. Keep doing what you are doing. Things will get better!! :)
You are amazing! We are keeping you in our prayers!
Love the picture more.
Praying things get better soon!
I remember Max sleeping on the couch at Virginia Beach. He didn't seem to hear all the action around him. Good talent for a road trip! Love, Dad
Post a Comment